Kelsie Kenefick, MPS, LPC, LCMHC, BCB, has long been on a path of exploring the mind and body connection. She began her studies in mind-body healing in the 70's and earned her master's degree in Humanistic Psychology at the State University of New York in 1980.
After many years of teaching in the public schools, Kelsie was ready for a career change and went back to school in 1994 to become Board Certified in Biofeedback. Biofeedback continues to hold Kelsie's interest. "It is always fascinating as I strive to find what works best with each individual. Every session is different."
Biofeedback is a powerful modality and people are amazed at how much control they have over their physiology. "Anyone can learn how to do this", states Kelsie, adding that, "you just have to take it step by step. I love that I can use my experience as a teacher because, with biofeedback, I am teaching my patients the skills to control their autonomic nervous system."
In 2006 Kelsie released her first book, award winning "Migraines Be Gone". It contains her highly successful program to help headache sufferers take control. The National Headache Foundation endorsed the book and put Kelsie on the cover of their journal as the first alternative practitioner to successfully help headache patients within mainstream medicine. She was invited to write an ongoing article, entitled "Naturally Headache Free", for the Journal of the National Headache Foundation.
Though Kelsie has specialized in the treatment of chronic pain, headaches, and trauma, she enjoys working with any condition that was created by, or is exacerbated by, an imbalance in the autonomic nervous system.
• M.P.S., Masters in Professional Studies, State University of New York at New Paltz, in humanistic psychology and education, 1980
• B.C.B - Board Certified in Biofeedback, Biofeedback Certification International Alliance, 1995
• L.M.H.C. - Licensed Mental Health Counselor, New York State, 2006
• L.P.C. - Licensed Professional Counselor, Colorado, 2010
• L.C.M.H.C. - Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor, North Carolina, 2022
• C.S.T. - Certified Seminar Trainer, Peak Potentials, 2006
• Board member/membership chair, Colorado Association of Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (C.A.A.P.B.), 1996 – 2000
• Teacher, University of Colorado Medical School, Denver, “Introduction to Biofeedback”
• Hospital experience in biofeedback & counseling– Boulder Community Hospital in Pain Recovery Center, and Centura Health Hospital, Durango, Colorado, in Pain Clinic
• Co-creator of multi-disciplinary neurological clinic (Windom Medical Center), Durango, Colorado
• Private biofeedback & counseling practice – Durango, Colorado and Boulder, Colorado
• Colorado Book Awards, first place in health and fitness category, for "Migraines Be Gone", 2006
• "The Stress Mess" published, 2008
• Author for the National Headache Foundation's journal, Headlines, 2010 - 2012
• Stress Management for Children - Developed curriculum for the "Life Positive" program, which was published and distributed nationally as part of a drug abuse prevention program.1988
• Yoga teacher – for all populations from teens to seniors, and people living with pain, 1982-2018